Every 6 out of 10 people need glasses or contact lenses for clear vision. Most people tend to lose their eyesight with excessive use of mobile phones, laptops, TVs, etc. But you can get freedom from your glasses or contact lenses with Lasik surgery. It is the most preferable and permanent solution. Lasik surgery has a quick recovery time and is a painless procedure. You can contact me for your thorough examination for Lasik surgery in Delhi. Because it is vital to consult an eye expert to know if it is suitable for you or not. Although it is a trustworthy process and has given patients 20/20 or even better vision without glasses. But there are many factors that decide the success rate of Lasik surgery.
Many people think it is a costly surgery but let me tell you it is not. The cost of Lasik surgery in India is quite pocket-friendly. Also, you will notice an improvement in your eyesight just within a week or less. However, for a smooth and quick recovery, you need to put extra care. Before scheduling your Lasik surgery, it is suggested that you stop wearing contact lenses for a few months. Because it can change the shape of your cornea and that can impact your refractive error. After the surgery following tips can help you a lot for quick recovery from Lasik surgery.
- Do not rub your eyes: Most of the patients experience itching and scratchiness in their eyes. But avoid touching or rubbing your eyes because rubbing can cause damage to your flap or worse you can damage your cornea. To avoid touching or rubbing your eyes you can put on the goggles.
- Avoid bright light: After Lasik surgery, do not see directly towards a bright light. If you go out then wear sunglasses to avoid developing sensitivity towards light.
- Keep your follow-up appointments: You will have to visit your surgeon after the surgery till your full recovery. The doctor will monitor your progress and suggest your medication accordingly. If you experience any problem then contact your doctor immediately.
- Avoid driving: People notice recovery within a week and start their normal schedule. It is okay to carry on with a normal schedule but avoid driving especially at night. This can put a strain on your eyes and may delay the full recovery.
- Relish with a bath: You can take shower after Lasik eye surgery. But make sure you do not splash water on your face. Also, avoid the use of face wash or any soap as its lather may enter your eyes. Pat your face to dry and do not rub your eyes or around its edges. It is also suggested to not go swimming for a month or two.
- Use eye drops: It is common that patients suffer from itchiness and scratchiness after the surgery. So, use lubricating eye drops to avoid dry eyes and itching. Take your medication on time and use eye drops for quick healing.